As your therapist I will provide a safe space in which you can explore any emotional, social or mental health issues. In therapy sessions with me you can express your feelings and gain deeper insight into yourself and your relationships with others. Our sessions are confidential, so you can talk about things you might not feel comfortable discussing with anyone else. The goal is to help you find better ways to cope and to bring about changes in the way you think and behave that will improve your mental and emotional well-being.
Therapy can be short or long term. The number of sessions will depend on the depth and complexity of the issues you want to resolve. It is unusual for therapy to last for less than six sessions, and some types of therapy may last for two years or more.
As an integrative therapist I use a range of approaches and methods and tailor the approach to each individual client. I work on the basis that that there is no 'one size fits all' approach. There is an emphasis on the therapeutic relationship between therapist and client.
Therapy can benefit anyone facing issues such as:
- feelings of depression, sadness, grief or emptiness
- inability to cope
- problems dealing with stress or recovering from stressful situations
- lack of confidence/self-esteem or extreme shyness
- coping with the effects of abuse
- extreme mood swings
- difficulty making or sustaining relationships, or repeatedly becoming involved in unsatisfying or destructive relationships
- sexual problems
- difficulties coming to terms with losses such as bereavement, divorce or loss of employment
- eating disorders
- obsessive behaviour
- panic attacks and phobia
Therapy can also help you to develop new perspectives and discover alternative options if you are stuck or at a crossroads in your life.